Photo Credit: Eric Ochoa
Ben Scolaro strives to unite people by magnifying voices, histories, and identities.
An internationally-published storyteller, Ben distills complicated narrative into its most essential parts. His signature look features striking, emotional images paired with bold graphic design choices intended to capture the viewer's attention and evoke a powerful message.
Ben's penchant for uncovering repressed and untold stories led to his work with Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC), the largest Latino advocacy group in the Southwest, where he currently holds the position Manager of Creative Services.
As a lifelong Phoenix Area native, Ben strives to help establish Arizona on the national and international stage, which he has done by:
- Contributing photographs of CPLC to British-based Financial Times Magazine
- Heading an exhibit, book, and series of events about the history of Chicanos in Arizona
- Contributing photographs of Phoenix-area nonprofit The Leading Tone to International Musician Magazine
- Highlighting Phoenix's local hip-hop culture through his work with The Stakes
"Ben, you are a star...you going the extra mile and getting these photographs for us is so appreciated. Thank you so much. It shows real professionalism and drive."
—Helen Fitzwilliam, Financial Times Magazine
"Ben's creativity and desire to exceed expectations makes him an asset on any team. He has a strong understanding of the technical process and can take projects from abstract concepts to perfectly packaged, print-ready files that come to life on press. He's receptive to edits and is imaginative when limitations arise. Ben’s passion for design makes printing fun and I always look forward to the projects we work on together."
—Violet Ponce, Prisma Graphics
- Financial Times Magazine
- International Musician Magazine
- The Arizona Republic/azcentral.com
- KJZZ (NPR Affiliate)
- Phoenix New Times
- The Arizona Daily Star/tucson.com
- The Phoenix Business Journal
- Arizona State University
- University of Arizona
- Northern Arizona University
- Maricopa Community Colleges
- Pima Community College
- Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC)
- League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Donor Network of Arizona
- Braun Sacred Heart Center
- The Leading Tone
- Save Our Schools Arizona
- PRA Publishing
- Mesa Public Schools
- Chandler Unified School District
- Tempe Union High School District
- JO Combs Unified School District
- SPS+ Architects
- Greenfield Dynamics
- SD Crane Builders